- The resort is located in a remote area therefore, internet and cellphone signal is weak. We do provide free WiFi in the dining area but it slows down considerably if several guests are connected to the device at one time. Better to log in early in the morning or late at night. Best option is to buy a local Globe SIM card with data which has a stronger signal in the area as compared to Smart.
- The nearest ATM machine is in Pagudpud town proper but often runs out of cash. Best to get your cash in Laoag or Manila soon as you land at the airport. Depending on your bank, there is a limited amount of cash you can withdraw at one time.
- The nearest health center is in Pagudpud town proper (14 kilometers, 20 minutes by car). The nearest hospital is in Bangui (20 kilometers, half an hour by car).
- Should you need essentials like mosquito repellent, sunblock, medicines, cigarettes, lighters, and other personal items, it is best to purchase these in Laoag or Pagudpud town proper.
- The resort is in the midst of nature so encounters with insects and other wildlife are quite common. These animals are not harmful if left on their own. Noises heard during nighttime are most often caused by these wildlife.
- Kingfisher is a specialty resort with water sports as its main offering, particularly Kitesurfing and Windsurfing. Season starts from October to April (Amihan or Northeast Trade Winds). Expect strong winds, big waves, and cool weather during these months. Bring light jackets and warmers. Wetsuits are recommended for kiters and windsurfers.
- Off season are the rest of the months (Habagat or Southwest Monsoon) which brings about heavy rains and warm weather. No-wind sports like Kayaking, Standup Paddle Boarding, Surfing, Snorkeling are a few of the activities offered during this season. Bring light clothing and rain coats.
- The beach has a 280 meter wide shallow water lagoon composed mainly of seagrass, corals, and rocks. This lagoon is only kite-able during high tide. It gradually slopes on a reef break where huge waves up to 6 meters form during the height of Amihan season. Beginners are advised to wear booties and full wetsuits to avoid scratches and sea urchin stings.
Bookings and Reservations
- It is strongly advised to book rooms in advance and to confirm reservations before arriving at the resort to avoid any hassle. The resort has a strict policy of not accepting guests without prior booking. There is a 21-day cancellation policy.
- The resort does not accept credit card payments. Only cash, PayPal, and WeChat payments are accepted. Currencies accepted are Philippine Pesos, US Dollars, and Euros.
- Please advise the resort in advance should there be any special requests like bassinets, cribs, vegan/vegetarian diet, food allergies, etc.
Services and Amenities
- Resort services (Reception and Dining Area) are open from 7:30AM to 9:00PM only. Swimming pool use is from 9:00AM to 7:30PM only.
- Other services offered by the resort are: massage, laundry service, motorbike rentals, guided tours, airport pick-up and drop-off. Travel time from Laoag International Airport to Kingfisher takes about 2 hours (80 kilometers).
- The Kiteboarding/Windsurfing Center is a concessionaire of the resort. All dealings with the Kite Center are independent of Kingfisher. The resort is not responsible for any oversight, nonperformance, inadequacy, delinquency, or neglect made by the Kite Center.
- The staff are mostly locals and come from rural areas around town and nearby provinces. The management appreciates your understanding and patience if they sometimes make mistakes in your orders and instructions. They are hardworking individuals who are wiling to learn therefore constant trainings are always taking place.
- The resort has a water reservoir coming from several deep wells. This is not potable and may at times emit a slight pungent odor but it is 100% clean and treated. We do provide free mineral water in the dining area safe for drinking.
- The staff values the guests privacy. Turndown and cleaning services, replenishing of stocks i.e. toilet paper, soap, shampoo, etc. may be requested anytime.
- As of October 2018, only Philippine Airlines (PAL) flies from Manila to Laoag International Airport. There are only 2 flights per day and travel time takes about an hour. There are also chartered flights from Guangzhou, China to Laoag via China Eastern Airlines. Airport pick-up and drop-off services are available at the resort.
- There are several buses that go direct to Pagudpud from Manila. Florida Bus has the most regular and on-time daily schedule of about 5 trips per day. They have a station in Sampaloc, Manila and Cubao, Quezon City. Other buses are Farinas, Partas, and RCJ. Travel time is about 10-11 hours including stopovers (560 kilometers).
- Power outages are common in the area. The resort has a generator however, to avoid overheating, it is turned on for only 2-3 hours during the day and 5 hours at night when it is most needed.
- The Philippines' standard voltage unit is 220v and the frequency is 60Hz. Convenience outlets are usually Types A and B. It is advisable to bring your own adaptors.
- Cooking and bringing of food within the resort is strictly prohibited. Eating inside the rooms may attract ants and other insects. Please refrain from doing so or make sure that no food is left unattended.
- This is a pet friendly resort. We have several dogs (mostly wet because they like the ocean) and rabbits running loose around the premises. Please do take time to greet them as they are all friendly and harmless.
- Kingfisher does its part to be eco-friendly no matter how small the effort. The restaurant uses metal straws in place of the single use plastic ones. The resort does not use bath and laundry products in sachets. We encourage guests to bring their own reusable water bottles as refillable mineral water is free in the dining area.